Track: Risk Management
Course Title: Risk Management for Business Continuity Review
Course ID: RMP 501
Relevant Certifications (requires additional step): ARMP, CRMP
Duration: 2.5 days (Two full days of instruction 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; Examination day 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. or at leisure)
16 Continuing Education Activity Points (CEAPs) may be awarded toward recertification if applicable.
The cost of this course includes both the course and the exam.
Experienced instructors are focused on providing you with the tools you need to pass the Risk Management Examination, which is the first step toward becoming a DRI Certified Risk Management Professional (CRMP) or Associate Risk Management Professional (ARMP).
1. Provide students with detailed instruction and tools for implementing DRI business continuity management risk assessment
2. Delineate the skills, knowledge and procedures business continuity professionals need to develop and manage a business continuity risk management program
3. Prepare to pass the Risk Management Examination with a minimum passing grade of 75%
Lesson 1: Risk Terminology and Framework
- Learn risk management court rulings and success factors
- Explore the framework for risk management roles and responsibilities
- Learn risk analysis and communication
- Learn how to establish risk tolerance levels and measures
- Learn how to establish resource requirements
Lesson 2: Risk Models and Processes
- Explore qualitative and quantitative methods
- Learn risk identification
- Learn asset impact analysis
Lesson 3: Threat Analysis
- Learn how to conduct a vulnerability analysis
- Explore the use of risk identification metrics
Lesson 4: Monitoring and Reporting
- Explore risk aggregation concepts, the annualized loss expectancy (ALE) formula and the DRI Risk Management Toolbox
- Participate in a comprehensive review for the Risk Management Examination
For in-person courses:
This course will be held in-person and the exam will be online, at leisure. A computer is required for this course in order for you to take the exam. The system requirements will be sent to you via email together with information about how to access the course materials prior to the start of the course.
For courses held online:
All online courses are held via Zoom and a computer is required for this course. The system requirements will be sent to you via email together with information about how to access the course materials prior to the start of the course. You will also be provided with instructions for how to take the exam online, at leisure following the course.
For international courses:
This course is being hosted by a DRI International partner. To register, you will be asked to provide your contact information and we will put you in touch with the local team for details.
For courses held pre-conference:
This course is being held in-person prior to the DRI Annual Conference at or near the conference venue. You can then attend the conference immediately following your course with an additional registration (separate fee applies).