Course Title: Business Impact Analysis
Course ID: BCP BIA
Duration: 1 day of instruction (8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
8 Continuing Education Activity Points (CEAPs) may be awarded towards recertification if applicable
1. Examine the role of the business impact analysis (BIA) within the functional requirements phase of a proven business continuity management (BCM) planning methodology
2. Discuss BIA process considerations for planning a customized BIA methodology for an organization
3. Explain the steps to successfully conduct a BIA within the scope of a BCM program
- The role of the business impact analysis (BIA)
- Business impact analysis methodology
- Application of the business impact analysis
- Class Exercise: Learn how to prepare and present the BIA report to leadership
For in-person courses:
This course will be held in-person and the exam will be held on the morning of the final day. As soon as you are finished taking the exam, you will be able to leave for the day. A computer is required for this course in order for you to take the exam. The system requirements will be sent to you via email together with information about how to access the course materials prior to the start of the course.
For courses held online:
All online courses are held via Zoom and a computer is required for this course. The system requirements will be sent to you via email together with information about how to access the course materials prior to the start of the course. You will also be provided with instructions for how to take the exam online following the course.
For international courses:
This course is being hosted by a DRI International partner. To register, you will be asked to provide your contact information and we will put you in touch with the local team for details.
For courses held pre-conference:
This course is being held in-person prior to the DRI Annual Conference at or near the conference venue. You can then attend the conference immediately following your course with an additional registration (separate fee applies).