Our Mission and Vision
DRI International is the non-profit that helps organizations prepare for and recover from disasters. We achieve this through education, accreditation, and thought leadership in business continuity and related fields. DRI International strives for a more resilient world.
Founded in 1988, DRI International has more than 15,000 certified individuals in over 100 countries, and 94 percent of all Fortune 100 companies employ DRI certified professionals. In fact, more individuals are certified by DRI International than by all other organizations in our profession combined. In addition to certifying individuals, DRI assesses organizations to determine resilience and offers organizational accreditation.
DRI also serves continuity professionals through conferencing, outreach, and volunteerism. The annual DRI Conference brings resilience professionals together to network with experts and collaborate with their peers. Through its Collegiate Conferences series, DRI partners with universities to introduce students and faculty to this rapidly-growing profession. To further its outreach efforts, DRI introduced the 501(c)(3) non-profit Disaster Recovery International (DRI) Foundation. The Foundation's mission is to promote disaster risk reduction through partnership and education, as well as aid recovery efforts through fundraising and volunteerism. The Foundation is also committed to supporting veterans through the Veterans Outreach Program.
As a recognized expert resource, DRI acts in an advisory capacity to organizations and government institutions worldwide, helping to develop professional standards and promote greater resilience. DRI is a member of the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction's (UNISDR) Private Sector Working Group ARISE Initiative and was on the business and industry delegation to the negotiations of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction. DRI is also an ANSI-accredited Standards Development Organization, a CQI and IRCA Approved Training Partner, and an International Organization Liaison Observer to ISO/TC 292 for standardization in the field of security to enhance the safety and resilience of society.
DRI International Values:
- Acceptance, inclusiveness, and the promotion of mutual respect.
- Its recognition as the authoritative source and is committed to maintaining a position of neutrality within the profession so that it may serve as a platform for discussion and advancement.
- Its commitment to legal and ethical practice in providing high-quality business continuity management.
- Networking, collegiality, and collaboration and is committed to maintaining a diverse network, broadly represented in its governance, committee structure, and programmatic activities.
- Collaboration and partnerships with organizations and agencies, both public and private, interested in facilitating the institute’s mission and goals worldwide.
- The exceptional expertise provided by volunteers and embraces the participation and support of all its diverse professional network.
- Its commitment to maintaining open lines of communication between and among the leadership and DRI International Certified Professionals, affiliates, and representatives.
- Technological innovation and its commitment to providing state-of-the-art technological and professional education and certification programs that meet the needs of its Certified Professionals and the broader profession.
- The promotion of new ideas and values, the importance of demonstrating proficiency, on-going professional development, and continuing education.
- Compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Its commitment to maintaining financial viability, effectively and prudently managing the institute's resources and operations, and monitoring its strategic plan to meet its mission and goals.