Bridging the BC Knowledge Gap
Duration: 1/2 day of instruction, 12:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time Zone
4 continuing Education Activity Points (CEAPs) may be awarded towards recertification if applicable
1. Understand the concepts behind the 2017 update to of The Professional Practices for Business Continuity Management
2. Review some of the most important industry changes affecting this profession
3. Gain a deeper understanding of the Professional Practices and their continued relevance
• Introduction: Why all the changes?
• Section One: Risk Management, Resilience, and Business Continuity Management
• Section Two: Laws, Regulations, and Standards
• Section Three: Supply Chain
• Section Four: Cyber Threats
• Section Five: Manufacturing Strategies
• Section Six: Risk Transfer – Real Return on Investment (ROI)
NOTE: This course does not prepare students to take the Qualifying Exam or apply for certification at any level. It is neither a replacement for any courses in DRI's Continuity Track including the Overview course nor a line-by-line review of the changes to the Professional Practices. While there are no formal prerequisites, a base level of knowledge as gained by taking any of the classes in DRI's Continuity Track is preferred and the 2017 Professional Practices must be read in advance. This course was formerly called PP10 OVR: 2017 Updates to the Professional Practices.