Certified Risk Management Professional (CRMP)Apply for Certification
The CRMP certification is designed for individuals who have a specialized background in risk management. The certification validates that the individual possesses the foundation level knowledge and experience required to implement and manage a business risk management program.
The Certification Process
The CRMP level of certification is for individuals who have demonstrated knowledge and working experience in risk management.
The level requires more than two (2) years of experience. Applicants must be able to demonstrate specific and practical experience in two (2) of the four (4) risk management practices areas. Regular recertification requires an ongoing commitment to continuing education and industry activities. If you have less than two years of industry experience, you should apply for the ARMP certification.
CRMP Certification Details
To apply for CRMP certification, all applicants must:
- Possess at least two years of significant, practical experience in four of the subject areas of the Professional Practices for Business Continuity Management.
- Take the Risk Management Continuity / Risk Management Continuity Review course.
- Pass the Risk Management Examination with a minimum score of 75%.
- Complete the Online Application for Professional Certification by logging into your DRI account.
- Complete application essays focused on your risk management / business continuity responsibilities and accomplishments. At least two of the four selected subject matter essays MUST draw from:
- Risk Governance and Compliance.
- Risk Identification.
- Risk Handling and Management.
- Risk Monitoring and Reporting.
- Provide references to confirm your experience. Experience must have occurred within a ten-year period from your application date.
Important Note: Inform your references about your application. Ask for their prompt assistance when DRI International requests validation of your experience and subject area pages. Incomplete applications cause delays in the process. We may require additional steps and/or send requests to you for additional information.
Once your references have validated your experience, the Commission will review your application. This review may also prompt the Commission to contact you for additional information.
Applicants must provide the names and contact information for at least two individuals who can document your experience in each subject area.
For additional detail on certification levels and recertification requirements, please follow the links provided, go to the FAQ section or Contact the Director of Certification via email or by calling +1-866-542-3744.
Important Note: This entire process can be completed within 48 hours unless you are randomly selected for an audit, if selected it could take up to two weeks. DRI International contacts all applicants upon approval. Once approved, professional certification status and recertification period documents are provided. If you are not approved and wish to re-apply, contact the Certification Department for additional information on how to re-apply.
Maintaining your certification carries two requirements: an annual fee and Continuing Education Activity Points (CEAPs).
80 CEAPs are required every two years for maintaining your CRMP.
To remain in good standing, CRMPs must:
- Comply with the DRI International Code of Ethics.
- Pay all annual maintenance fees.
- Obtain a minimum number of continuing education points by submitting CEAPs through your DRI account.
All Certified Professionals, vendors and auditors receive an annual maintenance fee invoice. Upon receipt of payment, CEAPs are verified and the professional certification status is updated in your DRI account. CRMPs must submit all qualifying CEAPs within 90 days of the end of your current certification period. You can always review your certification status by logging in to your DRI account. For more details on recertification or certification maintenance, please visit the FAQ section.