Certified Risk Management Professional (CRMP)Apply for Certification
The CRMP certification is designed for individuals who have a specialized background in risk management. The certification validates that the individual possesses the foundation level knowledge and experience required to implement and manage a business risk management program.
The Certification Process
The CRMP level of certification is for individuals who have demonstrated knowledge and working experience in risk management.
The level requires more than two (2) years of experience. Applicants must be able to demonstrate specific and practical experience in two (2) of the four (4) risk management practices areas. Regular recertification requires an ongoing commitment to continuing education and industry activities. If you have less than two years of industry experience, you should apply for the ARMP certification.
CRMP Certification Details
To apply for CRMP certification, all applicants must:
- Possess at least two years of significant, practical experience.
- Pass the Risk Management Examination with a minimum score of 75%.
- After receiving notification of a passing score, complete the Online Application for Professional Certification by logging into your DRI account.
- Complete application essays focused on your risk management/business continuity responsibilities and accomplishments. Experience must have occurred within a ten-year period from your application date. At least two of the four selected subject matter essays MUST draw from:
- Subject Area 1: Risk Governance and Compliance
- Subject Area 2: Risk Identification
- Subject Area 3: Risk Handling and Management
- Subject Area 4: Risk Monitoring and Reporting
- Provide references to confirm your experience. Experience must have occurred within a ten-year period from your application date.
Important Note: Inform your references about your application. Ask for their prompt assistance when DRI International requests validation of your experience and subject area pages. Incomplete applications cause delays in the process. We may require additional steps and/or send requests from you for additional information.
Once your references have validated your experience, the commissioners will review your application. This review may also prompt the commissioners to contact you for additional information.
Applicants must provide the names and contact information of at least two individuals who can document their experience in each subject area. The total number of references you provide can be as few as two (if both references can attest to all your required subject areas), or many more (if different references are provided for each of your required subject areas). Additional references may be provided to save processing time, if the first two references cannot provide verification
List all the references you need to document your minimum two years of the required experience. Some individuals will list several, while others may list only two. Just make sure that the references you select can verify a minimum of two (2) years of your business continuity experience. For additional details regarding certification levels and recertification requirements, please go to the FAQ section, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1-866-542-3744.
Important Note: This entire process can take several weeks. DRI International contacts all applicants upon approval. Once approved, professional certification status and recertification period documents are provided. If you are not approved and wish to re-apply, contact Certification Department for additional information on how to re-apply.
Applicants are reminded that all course, exam, and results materials are confidential and should not be shared online or with other certified professionals. Sharing exam materials may result in revocation of existing certification credentials and possible legal action. All Certified Professionals must comply with the DRI International Code of Ethics to remain in good standing.
Recertification is required for all certification levels. Regular recertification requires an ongoing commitment to continuing education and industry activities. There is a yearly maintenance fee for all certification levels. There are 80 CEAPs required for CRMP.