Certified Healthcare Provider Continuity Professional (CHPCP)Apply for Certification
The Certified Healthcare Provider Continuity Professional has demonstrated knowledge and skill in the business continuity/disaster recovery industry. Such professionals have extensive industry experience as leaders and seek the deserved recognition that comes with certification. To set an international standard for certification criteria for healthcare business continuity planning. To set an international standard for the capabilities of practitioners and leaders in healthcare business continuity planning. To strengthen the competencies of healthcare professionals by applying business continuity planning to management and clinical care principles. To provide prestige and recognition for individual practitioners who meet certification requirements.
The Certification Process
CHPCP certification is for individuals who have demonstrated knowledge and working experience in the healthcare business continuity planning. Qualified applicants should have more than two (2) years of experience. Must be able to demonstrate specific and practical experience in at least five (5) of the subject matter areas of the Professional Practices. To maintain the credential, the professional is required to make an ongoing commitment to continuing education and industry activities.
Application Waiver: For those holding current certifications with DRI International (CBCP or MBCP) a portion of the experience section of the application will be waived.
CHPCP Certification Details
To apply for CHPCP certification, all applicants must:
- Possess at least two years of significant, practical experience in five of the subject areas of the Professional Practices for Business Continuity Management.
- Pass the Healthcare Examination with a minimum score of 75%.
- Complete the Online Application for Professional Certification by logging into your DRI account.
- Complete application essays focused on your business continuity / disaster recovery planning responsibilities and accomplishments by mapping your experience to the Professional Practices. At least two of the five selected subject matter essays MUST draw from:
- Subject Area #3: Business Impact Analysis.
- Subject Area #4: Developing Business Continuity Strategies for the Healthcare Environment.
- Subject Area #5: Emergency Preparedness and Response.
- Subject Area #6: Developing and Implementing Business Continuity Plans.
- Provide references to confirm your experience. Experience must have occurred within a ten-year period from your application date.
Important Note: Inform your references about your application. Ask for their prompt assistance when DRI International requests validation of your experience and subject area pages. Incomplete applications cause delays in the process, and we may require additional steps and requests to you for additional information.
Once your references have validated your experience, the Commission will review your application. This review may also prompt the Commission to contact you for additional information.
Applicants must provide the names and contact information for at least two individuals who can document your experience in each subject area. The total number of references you provide can be as few as two (if both references can attest to all your required subject areas), or many more (if different references are provided for each of your required subject areas). Additional references may be provided to save processing time in case, if the first two references cannot provide verification from the first two.
List all the references you need to document your minimum two years of required experience. Some individuals will list several, while others may list only two. Just make sure that the references you select can verify a minimum of two (2) years of your business continuity experience. For additional detail on certification levels and recertification requirements, please follow the links provided, go to the FAQ section or contact the director of certification via email or by calling +1-866-542-3744.
Important Note: This entire process can take several weeks. DRI International contacts all applicants upon approval. Once approved, professional certification status and recertification period documents are provided. If you are not approved and wish to re-apply, contact the Certification Department for additional information on how to re-apply.
Maintaining your certification carries two requirements: an annual fee and CEAPs. There are 80 CEAPs required for CHPCP.
To remain in good standing, CHPCPs must:
- Comply with the DRI International Code of Ethics.
- Pay all annual maintenance fees.
- Obtain a minimum number of continuing education points by submitting Continuing Education Activity Points (CEAPs) through your DRI account.
All Certified Professionals, vendors and auditors receive an annual maintenance fee invoice. Upon receipt of payment, CEAPs are verified and the professional certification updated in your DRI account. CHPCPs must submit all qualifying CEAP activities within 90 days of the end of your current certification period.
Your current status is always available by visiting your DRI account. For more details on recertification or certification maintenance, please visit the FAQ section on this subject.