Track: Cyber Resilience
Course Title: Cyber Resilience Review
Course ID: CRP 501
Relevant Certifications (requires additional step): ACRP, CCRP
Duration: 2 days (Two full days of instruction 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; Examination online at your leisure)
16 Continuing Education Activity Points (CEAPs) may be awarded toward recertification if applicable.
The cost of this course includes both the course and the exam.
A certificate of completion for the course will only be delivered once the exam is completed and payment has been received. Exam results will then be released.
You’ll discover how business continuity, cybersecurity, and mission-critical functions must integrate within every organization, using the five elements of cyber resilience: prepare/identify, protect, detect, respond, and recover. Collectively, these concepts and the resulting action plans will help develop a strategy to effectively respond to unforeseen events and get your organization back up and running as quickly as possible. If you’re in a hurry to take your career to the next level, Cyber Resilience Review (CRP 501) is for you. This short, yet highly effective course will re-acquaint you with the key elements of cyber resilience and give you the professional advantage of bringing the most current information and skillsets to the table.
1. Provide students with detailed instruction, framework, and guidance for implementing the concepts essential to combining cyber security and business continuity into an effective Cyber Resilience program.
2. Prepare students with actionable recommendations and best practices to represent an appropriate “value proposition” to an organization’s executive management that will help to ensure any investment necessary to step up to a strong Cyber Resilience program.
3. Provide practical examples in cyber, response, and recovery scenarios to help understand the issues you will face.
4. Share experiences with other professionals.
5. Prepare to pass the Cyber Resilience Examination, so students can take the next steps toward being certified as a DRI International Certified Cyber Resilience Professional.
- Stepping up from cybersecurity into cyber resilience
- Types of recent cyber threats and cyberattacks
- The cause and effect relationship and how cybersecurity affects business continuity
- NIST, the cybersecurity framework
- The CIA triad and cyber resilience
- The problem, the challenge, and the approach
- The value of cyber resilience
- Achieving cyber resilience with cultural change
- Cyber resilience minimum requirements
- Business impact analysis aligned with cybersecurity
- Integrating cyber security and business continuity
- Cyber insurance
- Cybersecurity framework and regulations
- Cyber resilience planning
- Adapting the cybersecurity framework
- Creating effective preparation and identification plans, protection and detection plans, and response and recovery plans
- Effective collaboration between cyber incident response and business recovery of operations
- Describe the importance of regular cyber awareness training
- Understand how cybersecurity and business continuity both work with reputation management
- Maintaining your plans
- Creating effective crisis communication plans for cyber incidents
- Discuss how training and awareness initiatives should be employed to embed cyber resilience within the entire organization and ensure that personnel are ready to respond and recover
For in-person courses:
This course will be held in-person and the exam will be held at-leisure. A computer is required for this course in order for you to take the exam. The system requirements will be sent to you via email together with information about how to access the course materials prior to the start of the course.
For courses held online:
All online courses are held via Zoom and a computer is required for this course. The system requirements will be sent to you via email together with information about how to access the course materials prior to the start of the course. You will also be provided with instructions for how to take the exam online, at-leisure following the course.
For international courses:
This course is being hosted by a DRI International partner. To register, you will be asked to provide your contact information and we will put you in touch with the local team for details.
For courses held pre-conference:
This course is being held in-person prior to the DRI Annual Conference at or near the conference venue. You can attend the conference immediately following the course with an additional registration (separate fee applies).