Continuity Master's Case Review
Continuity Master's Case Review
Duration: 2.5 Days (Two full days of instruction 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., followed by one half-day Examination 8:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.)
Prerequisites: 5 years of business continuity experience; passing score on the DRI Qualifying Examination
16 Continuing Education Activity Points (CEAPs) may be awarded toward recertification if applicable
Examination: Master’s Case Study Examination
If you want to establish yourself as a key player in business continuity, it’s time to take your career to the ultimate level and become a Master Business Continuity Professional (MBCP). The highest certification you can earn with DRI, MBCPs are distinguished among their peers and sought after by employers. Earning an MBCP also earns you a coveted distinction membership in the Order of the Sword and Shield National Honor Society, the only academic and professional honor society dedicated solely to the security learning community.
How do you earn your MBCP? The first step is taking and passing this course, which has just been revamped to align with the recently updated DRI Professional Practices for Business Continuity Management the most utilized and time tested standard in the field. Much of the course content is new, as are the course materials and the exam.
Challenging and highly interactive, the course employs a workshop format to present you with a hypothetical company scenario and walk you through an analytical review of its business continuity management program. You won’t just be learning principles of business continuity, you’ll be called upon to apply them critically and accurately. At the conclusion of the course, you will take the Master’s Case Study Examination, an intensive, detailed case study analysis that will rigorously critique and assess your understanding and knowledge of business continuity practices. The goal: to help establish you as a leader in your field.
1. Review the elements of a disaster/emergency management and business continuity program, as defined by the DRI International Professional Practices for Business Continuity Management.
2. Understand industry terminology in the Professional Practices.
3. Become proficient in methods for creating and managing a planning project.
4. Understand the actions taken within a hypothetical business continuity planning case.
5. Prepare to pass the Master’s Case Study Examination with a minimum passing grade of 75%.
This course consists of 10 problem solving exercises through which you will apply your knowledge of the Professional Practices and business continuity management. Based on a hypothetical entity, the exercises are challenging and thought-provoking. The course addresses all phases of business continuity planning, disaster recovery, and emergency management as follows:
1. Introduction and Overview
2. Program Initiation and Management
3. Risk Assessment
4. Business Impact Analysis
5. Business Continuity Strategies
6. Incident Response
7. Plan Development and Implementation
8. Awareness and Training Programs
9. Business Continuity Plan Exercise, Assessment and Maintenance
10. Crisis Communications
11. Coordination with External Agencies
Sections two through 11 consist of a thorough Professional Practice review, its corresponding problem description and discussion, a rigorous problem-solving exercise you complete individually, a critique of your solution, and a review of a correct solution to the problem.