Certified Functional Continuity Professional (CFCP)Apply for Certification
The Certified Functional Continuity Professional is for those in our industry with a specific skill or focus. These individuals have demonstrated knowledge and skill in business continuity within a very narrow scope. An example of this would be an expert in IT recovery, application testing or BIAs.
The Certification Process
The CFCP level of certification is for individuals who have demonstrated knowledge and working experience in the business continuity/disaster recovery industry. The level requires more than two (2) years of experience. Applicants must be able to demonstrate specific and practical experience in three (3) of the subject matter areas of the Professional Practices. Regular recertification requires an ongoing commitment to continuing education and industry activities. If you have less than two years of industry experience, you should apply for the ABCP certification.
CFCP Certification Details
To apply for CFCP certification, all applicants must:
- Possess at least two years of significant, practical experience in three of the subject areas of the Professional Practices for Business Continuity Management
- Pass the Qualifying Examination.
- Submit an application for review by the commissioners to confirm the experience of the candidate.
- Application essays focus on your business continuity / disaster recovery planning responsibilities and accomplishments by mapping your experience to the Professional Practices for Business Continuity Planners.
- Experience must have occurred within a ten-year period from your application date.
- At least one of the three selected subject matters essays MUST drawn from:
- Subject Area 3: Business Impact Analysis.
- Subject Area 4: Developing Business Continuity Strategies.
- Subject Area 6: Developing and Implementing Business Continuity Plans.
- Subject Area 8: Maintaining and Exercising Business Continuity Plans.
Important Note: Inform your references about your application. Ask for their prompt assistance when DRI International requests validation of your experience and subject area pages. Incomplete applications cause delays in the process, and we may require additional steps and requests to you for additional information.
Once your references have documented your experience, the commissioners will review your application. This review may also prompt the commissioners to contact you for additional information.
Applicants must provide the names and contact information for at least two individuals who can document your experience in each subject area. The total number of references you provide can be as few as two (if both references can attest to all your required subject areas), or many more (if different references are provided for each of your required subject areas). Additional references may be provided to save processing time in case, if the first two references cannot provide verification from the first two.
List all the references you need to document your minimum two years of required experience. Some individuals will list several, while others may list only two. Just make sure that the references you select can verify a minimum of two (2) years of your business continuity experience. For additional detail on certification levels and recertification requirements, please follow the links provided, go to the FAQ section or contact the director of certification via email or by calling +1-866-542-3744.
Important Note: This entire process can take several weeks. DRI International contacts all applicants upon approval. Once approved, professional certification status and recertification period documents are provided. If you are not approved and wish to re-apply, contact the Customer Care Center (+1-866-542-3744) for additional information on how to re-apply.
Recertification is required for all certification levels. Regular recertification requires an ongoing commitment to continuing education and industry activities. There is a yearly maintenance fee for all certification levels. There are 80 CEAPs required for CFCP.