$ 1,750Note: You will have the option to add the relevant certification application fee to this price at the point of registration.
2.5 Days (Two full days of instruction 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., followed by one half-day Healthcare Examination to be taken online at leisure)
16 Continuing Education Activity Points (CEAPs) may be awarded toward recertification if applicable.
The cost of this course includes both the course and the exam.
HCP 501W is an exam prep course that moves at a fast pace.
If you’re an experienced continuity professional in the healthcare space and you’re in a hurry to take your career to the next level, Healthcare Continuity Review (HCP 501) is for you. This short, yet highly effective, refresher course will re-acquaint you with the key elements of business continuity and is based on the recently revamped DRI Professional Practices for Business Continuity Management the most utilized and time tested standard in the field. Along with the Professional Practices, you will learn business continuity best practices for the healthcare field, with a curriculum that reflects the NFPA 1600, Joint Commission, HIPAA, and other vital laws, regulations, and standards.
Additionally, the course as well as the revamped supporting material provided to every student is designed to give you all the tools you need to pass the Healthcare Examination and continue on the path toward becoming a DRI Certified Healthcare Provider Continuity Professional (CHPCP) or Associate Healthcare Provider Continuity Professional (AHPCP).
1. Review The Professional Practices for Business Continuity Management body of knowledge designed to assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of business continuity programs
2. Highlight the terms and methodologies presented in the International Glossary for Resilience and the Professional Practices.
3. Prepare you for the Healthcare Examination, in which you receive 16 credit hours for the course
Lesson 1: Program Initiation and Management
- Establish the need for a business continuity program
- Obtain support and funding for the business continuity program
- Build the organizational framework to support the business continuity program
- Introduce key concepts, such as program management, risk awareness, identification of critical functions/processes, recovery strategies, training and awareness, and exercising/testing
Lesson 2: Risk Assessment
- Identify risks that can adversely affect an entity’s resources or image
- Assess risks to determine the potential impacts to the entity, enabling the entity to determine the most effective use of resources to reduce these potential impacts
Lesson 3: Business Impact Analysis
- Identify and prioritize the entity’s functions and processes in order to ascertain which ones will have the greatest impact should they not be available
- Assess the resources required to support the business impact analysis process
- Analyze the findings to ascertain any gaps between the entity’s requirements and its ability to deliver those requirements
Lesson 4: Business Continuity Strategies
- Select cost-effective strategies to reduce deficiencies as identified during the risk assessment and business impact analysis (BIA) processes
Lesson 5: Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Develop and assist with the implementation of an incident management system that defines organizational roles, lines of authority and succession of authority
- Define requirements to develop and implement the entity’s incident response plan
- Ensure that incident response is coordinated with outside organizations in a timely and effective manner when appropriate
Lesson 6: Business Continuity Plan Development and Implementation
- Document plans to be used during incident and which will enable the entity to continue to function during an incident that requires utilizing the business continuity process
Lesson 7: Awareness and Training Programs
- Establish and maintain training and awareness programs that result in personnel being able to respond to incidents in a calm and efficient manner
Lesson 8: Plan Exercise, Audit and Maintenance
- Establish an exercise, maintenance, and assessment program to maintain a state of readiness
Lesson 9: Crisis Communications
- Provide a framework for developing a crisis communications plan
- Ensure that the crisis communications plan will provide for timely, effective communication with internal and external parties
Lesson 10: Coordination with External Agencies
- Establish policies and procedures to coordinate incident response activities with public entities
For PC-based users:
Required: Windows 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
Required: Internet connection, with cable modem, DSL or better recommended
Recommended: Dual core 2.4GHz CPU or faster with at least 2 GB of RAM
For Mac-based users:
Required: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), OS X 10.7 (Lion)
Note: Organizers on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion must be using GoToMeeting 4.8 or later. Please see our Mac OS X 10.7 FAQs for more information.
Required: Internet connection, with cable modem, DSL or better recommended
Required: Intel processor with 512 MB of RAM or better recommended
For iPad-based attendees:
Required: Free GoToMeeting app from the Apple App Store
Required: Organizer must be using GoToMeeting v4.8 build 723 or higher
Required: iO2 4.2 or later
iPad 1 or newer
Recommended: WiFi connection to use VoIP
To use a microphone and speakers (VoIP):
Required: A fast broadband connection, with 384 kbps or more recommended
Required: Microphone and speakers, with a USB headset recommended
Upon registration you will be sent an invitation to a GoToWebinar session. The course will be taught through this web meeting function. You will need a microphone and speakers to take the course or you will have to call in via telephone. Communication is via Voice Over IP, which is part of the GoToMeeting package.
NOTE: It is mandatory that you use your personal laptop or computer for the HCP-501W course. DRI will not provide a laptop or computer for you. Should you have questions about this policy please contact the DRI Customer Care Center at 866-542-3744 upon registering for the HCP-501W and/or the Healthcare Examination.
A computer is required for this course. Your courseware will be available through your account profile 7 days prior to the course start date.
Please contact DRI at 1-866-542-3744 for all questions
Courses are scheduled subject to a minimum enrollment. If enrollment for a particular course does not meet the minimum, that class is cancelled or rescheduled. If DRI International must cancel a class for any reason, DRI's liability is limited to the paid registration fee. DRI makes every effort to notify registered participants as soon as possible if classes are cancelled.
Registration applies only to the individual named on the registration form. If you want to substitute another individual from the same company, you must contact the course registrar prior to the first day of the course. The cancellation fee is $150.00 U.S. currency however, there is no charge for moving to another course with a limit of three course transfers. See FAQ for additional details. Rescheduling must occur within twelve months of the originally scheduled course and no more than three course transfers are permitted. If you exceed the alotted twelve months for rescheduling or limit of three course transfers, no refunds will be made and your registration fee will be forfeited to DRI.