Registrations are disabled for this course event.
Continuity Master's Case Review
Note: You will have the option to add the relevant certification application fee to this price at the point of registration.
1 Resort Dr
Savannah, GA 31421
2 Days (Two full days of instruction 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Master’s Case Study Examination will be at leisure)
Prerequisites: 5 years of business continuity experience; passing score on the DRI Qualifying Examination
16 Continuing Education Activity Points (CEAPs) may be awarded toward recertification if applicable
How do you earn your MBCP? The first step is taking and passing this course, which has just been revamped to align with the recently updated DRI Professional Practices for Business Continuity Management the most utilized and time tested standard in the field. Much of the course content is new, as are the course materials and the exam.
Challenging and highly interactive, the course employs a workshop format to present you with a hypothetical company scenario and walk you through an analytical review of its business continuity management program. You won’t just be learning principles of business continuity, you’ll be called upon to apply them critically and accurately. At the conclusion of the course, you will take the Master’s Case Study Examination, an intensive, detailed case study analysis that will rigorously critique and assess your understanding and knowledge of business continuity practices. The goal: to help establish you as a leader in your field.
1. Review the elements of a disaster/emergency management and business continuity program, as defined by the DRI International Professional Practices for Business Continuity Management.
2. Understand industry terminology in the Professional Practices.
3. Become proficient in methods for creating and managing a planning project.
4. Understand the actions taken within a hypothetical business continuity planning case.
5. Prepare to pass the Master’s Case Study Examination with a minimum passing grade of 75%.
This course consists of 10 problem solving exercises through which you will apply your knowledge of the Professional Practices and business continuity management. Based on a hypothetical entity, the exercises are challenging and thought-provoking. The course addresses all phases of business continuity planning, disaster recovery, and emergency management as follows:
1. Introduction and Overview
2. Program Initiation and Management
3. Risk Assessment
4. Business Impact Analysis
5. Business Continuity Strategies
6. Incident Response
7. Plan Development and Implementation
8. Awareness and Training Programs
9. Business Continuity Plan Exercise, Assessment and Maintenance
10. Crisis Communications
11. Coordination with External Agencies
Sections two through 11 consist of a thorough Professional Practice review, its corresponding problem description and discussion, a rigorous problem-solving exercise you complete individually, a critique of your solution, and a review of a correct solution to the problem.
A computer is required for this course. Your courseware will be available through your account profile 7 days prior to the course start date.
Please contact DRI at 1-866-542-3744 for all questions
Courses are scheduled subject to a minimum enrollment. If enrollment for a particular course does not meet the minimum, that class is cancelled or rescheduled. If DRI International must cancel a class for any reason, DRI's liability is limited to the paid registration fee. DRI makes every effort to notify registered participants as soon as possible if classes are cancelled.
Registration applies only to the individual named on the registration form. If you want to substitute another individual from the same company, you must contact the course registrar prior to the first day of the course. Rescheduling must occur within twelve months of the originally scheduled course and no more than three course transfers are permitted. Within twelve months, there is no charge for course transfers. If you exceed the allotted twelve months for rescheduling or limit of three course transfers, no refunds will be made.
The following refund policies apply:
- No refund will be issued if an individual cancels within 14 days of the first day of the course
- A 50% refund will be issued if an individual cancels within 15-29 days of the first day of the course
- A full refund will be issued if an individual cancels 30+ days before the first day of the course