Castries - WEB BASED
1 day of instruction (8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
Certificate of Completion provided
8 Continuing Education Activity Points (CEAPs) may be awarded towards recertification if applicable
"Thanks for including a downloadable metrics spreadsheet with this course. The metrics information obtained from this course will aid in not only continuous quality improvement of business continuity programs, but can also be applied in planning, training, and overall program evaluation."
1. Raise awareness of the usefulness of metrics
2. Provide examples of metrics in the workplace
3. Suggest guidelines for how to implement a metrics program in the workplace
4. Educate practitioners in planning and executing data collections
5. Secure executive approval of metrics report content
6. Set deliverables of metrics report content
Lesson 1: Introduction, Course Goals and Objectives
- Review course goals, objectives
- Explore the challenges professionals encounter using metrics to manage business continuity management (BCM) programs
Lesson 2: General Metrics
- Learn various types of metrics and the effective usage of BCM metrics for BCM program management and reporting
- Review six specific BCM metrics, study their application using a case study of a hypothetical organization, and discuss the concepts behind developing BCM metrics
- Study the use of dashboards to effectively represent the status a BCM program
Lesson 3: Implementation and Tracking
- Learn how to use BCM metrics to inform management of program status
- Review and discuss the case study you will use for an exercise, applying what you have learned to measure aspects of the hypothetical organization
- Explore various tools that can be used to develop BCM metrics
Lesson 4: Review for Real-world Application
- Review what you have learned and discuss how you might incorporate metrics into your BCM program
For in-person courses:
This course will be held in-person and the exam will be held on the morning of the final day. As soon as you are finished taking the exam, you will be able to leave for the day. A computer is required for this course in order for you to take the exam. The system requirements will be sent to you via email together with information about how to access the course materials prior to the start of the course.
For courses held online:
All online courses are held via Zoom and a computer is required for this course. The system requirements will be sent to you via email together with information about how to access the course materials prior to the start of the course. You will also be provided with instructions for how to take the exam online following the course.
For international courses:
This course is being hosted by a DRI International partner. To register, you will be asked to provide your contact information and we will put you in touch with the local team for details.
For courses held pre-conference:
This course is being held in-person prior to the DRI Annual Conference at or near the conference venue. You can then attend the conference immediately following your course.
Courses are scheduled subject to a minimum enrollment. If enrollment for a particular course does not meet the minimum, that class is cancelled or rescheduled. If DRI International must cancel a class for any reason, DRI's liability is limited to the paid registration fee. DRI makes every effort to notify registered participants as soon as possible if classes are cancelled.
Registration applies only to the individual named on the registration form. If you want to substitute another individual from the same company, you must contact the course registrar prior to the first day of the course. The cancellation fee is $150.00 U.S. currency however, there is no charge for moving to another course with a limit of three course transfers. See FAQ for additional details. Rescheduling must occur within twelve months of the originally scheduled course and no more than three course transfers are permitted. If you exceed the alotted twelve months for rescheduling or limit of three course transfers, no refunds will be made and your registration fee will be forfeited to DRI.