Note: You will have the option to add the relevant certification application fee to this price at the point of registration.
Mexico - En Línea
2.5 Days (Two full days of instruction 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., followed by one half-day Master’s Case Study Examination 8:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.)
Prerequisites: 5 years of business continuity experience; passing score on the Qualifying Examination
16 Continuing Education Activity Points (CEAPs) may be awarded toward recertification if applicable.
The cost of this course includes both the course and the exam.
1. Review the elements of a disaster/emergency management and business continuity program, as defined by the DRI International Professional Practices for Business Continuity Management.
2. Understand industry terminology in the Professional Practices.
3. Become proficient in methods for creating and managing a planning project.
4. Understand the actions taken within a hypothetical business continuity planning case.
5. Prepare to pass the Master’s Case Study Examination with a minimum passing grade of 75%.
This course consists of 10 problem solving exercises through which you will apply your knowledge of the Professional Practices and business continuity management. Based on a hypothetical entity, the exercises are challenging and thought-provoking. The course addresses all phases of business continuity planning, disaster recovery, and emergency management as follows:
1. Introduction and Overview
2. Program Initiation and Management
3. Risk Assessment
4. Business Impact Analysis
5. Business Continuity Strategies
6. Incident Response
7. Plan Development and Implementation
8. Awareness and Training Programs
9. Business Continuity Plan Exercise, Assessment and Maintenance
10. Crisis Communications
11. Coordination with External Agencies
Sections two through 11 consist of a thorough Professional Practice review, its corresponding problem description and discussion, a rigorous problem-solving exercise you complete individually, a critique of your solution, and a review of a correct solution to the problem.
El curso se dictará en la zona horaria (GMT-6). Favor verifique el horario en su ubicación.
Courses are scheduled subject to a minimum enrollment. If enrollment for a particular course does not meet the minimum, that class is cancelled or rescheduled. If DRI International must cancel a class for any reason, DRI's liability is limited to the paid registration fee. DRI makes every effort to notify registered participants as soon as possible if classes are cancelled.
Registration applies only to the individual named on the registration form. If you want to substitute another individual from the same company, you must contact the course registrar prior to the first day of the course. The cancellation fee is $150.00 U.S. currency however, there is no charge for moving to another course with a limit of three course transfers. See FAQ for additional details. Rescheduling must occur within twelve months of the originally scheduled course and no more than three course transfers are permitted. If you exceed the alotted twelve months for rescheduling or limit of three course transfers, no refunds will be made and your registration fee will be forfeited to DRI.