BCLE AUD (NFPA 1600) Pre Conference
Note: You will have the option to add the relevant certification application fee to this price at the point of registration.
4 Days (Four full days of instruction 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., DRI Audit Examination - NFPA 1600 - will be at leisure.
Examination: Audit Examination - NFPA 1600
32 Continuing Education Activity Points (CEAPs) may be awarded towards recertification if applicable
1. Describe the purpose of a business continuity management (BCM) program, of BCM standards, of BCM program audit and of third-party certification
2. Apply auditing concepts to assessing BCM programs using the NFPA 1600 “Standard on Disaster/Emergency Management and Business Continuity Programs”
3. Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of a BCM program to establish conformity with the NFPA 1600 standard
4. Define and differentiate types of audits and their BCM application
Understand the concepts of compliance and conformity as they apply to BCM audits
- Introduction & Course Objectives
- Auditing basics
- Program management
- Planning process
- Risk assessment
- Business impact analysis
- Prevention and mitigation
- Resource management
- Operational procedures
- Communications and warning
- Incident management
- Emergency operations/response
- Business continuity and information technology disaster recovery planning
- Crisis communications and public information
- Employee assistance and support
- Training and education
- Testing and exercises
- Program improvement
- Reporting audit findings and recommendations
- Examination review
- Post course evaluation
- Audit Examination - NFPA 1600
A computer is required for this course. Your courseware will be available through your account profile 7 days prior to the course start date.
Please contact DRI at 1-866-542-3744 for all questions
Courses are scheduled subject to a minimum enrollment. If enrollment for a particular course does not meet the minimum, that class is cancelled or rescheduled. If DRI International must cancel a class for any reason, DRI's liability is limited to the paid registration fee. DRI makes every effort to notify registered participants as soon as possible if classes are cancelled.
Registration applies only to the individual named on the registration form. If you want to substitute another individual from the same company, you must contact the course registrar prior to the first day of the course. The cancellation fee is $150.00 U.S. currency however, there is no charge for moving to another course with a limit of three course transfers. See FAQ for additional details. Rescheduling must occur within twelve months of the originally scheduled course and no more than three course transfers are permitted. If you exceed the alotted twelve months for rescheduling or limit of three course transfers, no refunds will be made and your registration fee will be forfeited to DRI.