Risk Management for Business Continuity Review
Note: You will have the option to add the relevant certification application fee to this price at the point of registration.
Web Based, Central Time
2 days (Two full days of instruction 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; Examination online at your leisure)
16 Continuing Education Activity Points (CEAPs) may be awarded toward recertification if applicable.
The cost of this course includes both the course and the exam.
A certificate of completion for the course will only be delivered once the exam is completed and payment has been received. Exam results will then be released.
Experienced instructors are focused on providing you with the tools you need to pass the Risk Management Examination, which is the first step toward becoming a DRI Certified Risk Management Professional (CRMP) or Associate Risk Management Professional (ARMP).
1. Provide students with detailed instruction and tools for implementing DRI business continuity management risk assessment
2. Delineate the skills, knowledge and procedures business continuity professionals need to develop and manage a business continuity risk management program
3. Prepare to pass the Risk Management Examination with a minimum passing grade of 75%
Lesson 1: Risk Terminology and Framework
- Learn risk management court rulings and success factors
- Explore the framework for risk management roles and responsibilities
- Learn risk analysis and communication
- Learn how to establish risk tolerance levels and measures
- Learn how to establish resource requirements
Lesson 2: Risk Models and Processes
- Explore qualitative and quantitative methods
- Learn risk identification
- Learn asset impact analysis
Lesson 3: Threat Analysis
- Learn how to conduct a vulnerability analysis
- Explore the use of risk identification metrics
Lesson 4: Monitoring and Reporting
- Explore risk aggregation concepts, the annualized loss expectancy (ALE) formula and the DRI Risk Management Toolbox
- Participate in a comprehensive review for the Risk Management Examination
For in-person courses:
This course will be held in-person and the exam will be online, at leisure. A computer is required for this course in order for you to take the exam. The system requirements will be sent to you via email together with information about how to access the course materials prior to the start of the course.
For courses held online:
All online courses are held via Zoom and a computer is required for this course. The system requirements will be sent to you via email together with information about how to access the course materials prior to the start of the course. You will also be provided with instructions for how to take the exam online, at leisure following the course.
For international courses:
This course is being hosted by a DRI International partner. To register, you will be asked to provide your contact information and we will put you in touch with the local team for details.
For courses held pre-conference:
This course is being held in-person prior to the DRI Annual Conference at or near the conference venue. You can then attend the conference immediately following your course with an additional registration (separate fee applies).
Courses are scheduled subject to a minimum enrollment. If enrollment for a particular course does not meet the minimum, that class is cancelled or rescheduled. If DRI International must cancel a class for any reason, DRI's liability is limited to the paid registration fee. DRI makes every effort to notify registered participants as soon as possible if classes are cancelled.
Registration applies only to the individual named on the registration form. If you want to substitute another individual from the same company, you must contact the course registrar prior to the first day of the course. Rescheduling must occur within twelve months of the originally scheduled course and no more than three course transfers are permitted. Within twelve months, there is no charge for course transfers. If you exceed the allotted twelve months for rescheduling or limit of three course transfers, no refunds will be made.
The following refund policies apply:
- No refund will be issued if an individual cancels within 14 days of the first day of the course
- A 50% refund will be issued if an individual cancels within 15-29 days of the first day of the course
- A full refund will be issued if an individual cancels 30+ days before the first day of the course