Accredited Audit Certificate Program
Business Continuity Planning for Auditors
DRI International's Audit courses are the clear choice for discerning professionals. Different versions of the course are offered, each based on a specific standard. You choose the standard you want to audit against, leading to subject matter mastery. Featuring a case-study-based, hands-on format, you will learn by doing this format is as unique as it is effective. Whether you're a novice or an experienced business continuity professional, an internal or external auditor, or a consultant who assesses continuity and emergency management programs for clients, DRI has the audit course for you.
This BCMS Auditor/Lead Auditor course is an International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA) certified course. IRCA is the leading professional body for management system auditors and requires its registered auditors to undertake continuous professional development in order to maintain IRCA's high standards. IRCA certified BCMS auditor training courses provide business continuity professionals with the knowledge required to assess the conformance and performance of an organization's business continuity management system to ISO 22301.
- The management systems approach to identifying and managing business continuity risks
- The requirements of ISO 22301
- How to plan, complete and report the audit of an entire BCMS
To learn more about DRI International as an IRCA approved training organization, please view here.
BCMS Auditor/Lead Auditor (ISO 22301)
Duration: 5.5 days (Five days of instruction Mon-Fri 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., followed by one half-day Examination 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.)
Examinations: IRCA Examination (2 hours); DRI Audit Examination (2.5 hours)
40 Continuing Education Activity Points (CEAPs) may be awarded towards recertification if applicable
Using multiple methods of instruction, DRI's Auditor course for standard ISO 22301 gives students the training, tools, and hands-on experience needed to master auditing of emergency management and business continuity plans. Group exercises will help you develop your skills as you audit a hypothetical company's program using the standard, audit guide, and presentation content in the course. You'll also learn how to develop your audit opinion, develop your report, and present your findings to management.
- Learn the elements of a disaster/emergency management and business continuity program as defined by the International Standard ISO 22301
- Understand audit concepts as documented in The Institute of Internal Auditors International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) and ISO 19011
- Learn how to use the audit framework and ISO 22301 to audit a preparedness program and determine a program's conformity to the standard
- Prepare to pass the IRCA and DRI Audit Examinations with minimum passing grades of 75%
- Auditing Basics
- Program Management
- Business Impact Analysis (BIA)
- Risk Assessment
- Business Continuity Strategies
- Developing and Implementing a BCM Response
- Exercising, Maintaining and Reviewing BCM Arrangements
- Monitoring and Reviewing the BCMS
- Maintaining and Improving BCMS
- BCMS Metrics
- Exam Preparation