Accredited Audit Certificate Program
Business Continuity Planning for Auditors
Business Continuity Planning for Auditors
Duration: 5.5 days (Five days of instruction Mon-Fri 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., followed by one half-day Examinations 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.)
Examinations: IRCA Examination (2 hours); DRI Audit Examination - ISO 22301 (2.5 hours)
40 Continuing Education Activity Points (CEAPs) may be awarded towards recertification if applicable
Add a skill set with our CQI and IRCA-accredited, case study-based audit course.
BCMS Auditor/Lead Auditor (ISO22301) provides the training, tools, and hands-on experience needed to audit business continuity, disaster, and emergency management programs.
Featuring a case-study-based, hands-on format, you will learn by doing in this unique and highly effective course. Whether you're a business continuity professional, an internal or external auditor, or a consultant who assesses continuity and emergency management programs for clients, DRI’s CQI and IRCA-accredited audit course provides the training, tools, and hands-on experience needed to audit business continuity, disaster, and emergency management programs.
Using multiple methods of instruction, DRI’s Auditor course for standard ISO 22301 gives students the training, tools, and hands-on experience needed to master auditing of emergency management and business continuity plans. Group exercises will help you develop your skills as you audit a hypothetical company’s program using the standard, audit guide, and presentation content in the course. You'll also learn how to develop your audit opinion, develop your report, and present your findings to management.
In addition to the body of knowledge defined by ISO22301, this course also includes two modules on auditing. The first module identifies auditing standards and guidance in addition to defining the phases of engagement, engagement planning, performance of the audit, and communicating results. The second module covers reporting findings and recommendations.
The course materials include a comprehensive audit guide for you to take back to your workplace and use when preparing for and conducting an audit and when reporting audit findings. The audit guide identifies who should be interviewed, documents that should be reviewed, as well as surveys that should be conducted to gather evidence of conformity to the standard. Audit questions are designed to guide the you in determining whether the information you gathered conforms to the standard.
This BCMS Auditor/Lead Auditor course is an International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA) certified course. IRCA is the leading professional body for management system auditors and requires its registered auditors to undertake continuous professional development in order to maintain IRCA's high standards. IRCA certified BCMS auditor training courses provide business continuity professionals with the knowledge required to assess the conformance and performance of an organization's business continuity management system to ISO 22301.
- The management systems approach to identifying and managing business continuity risks
- The requirements of ISO 22301
- How to plan, complete and report the audit of an entire BCMS
1. Describe the purpose of a business continuity management system (BCMS), of BCMS standards, of management system audit and of third-party certification
2. Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up a BCMS audit consistent with ISO 19011 and ISO 17021 where appropriate
3. Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of a BCMS to establish conformity with ISO 22301 and consistent with ISO 19011
4. Take the DRI Audit Examination - ISO 22301 - and the International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA) Examination
- Auditing basics
- Understanding ISO22301
- Implementing and operating the BCMS
- Business impact analysis (BIA)
- Risk assessment
- Determining choices
- Determining strategy
- Developing and implementing a BCMS response
- Exercising, maintaining and reviewing BCMS arrangements
- Monitoring and reviewing BCMS
- Maintaining and improving BCMS
- Reporting audit findings and recommendations
- Auditing the BCMS
- BCMS metrics
- Exam review
- DRI Audit Examination - ISO 22301 - and IRCA Examination